Facebook started a craze for people to list 25 random facts about themselves. I never do these lists, but caved in. I decided that I would share these things with my friends on blogspot as well. I know a lot of people aren’t on facebook. Enjoy these random facts about me.
1. I am the wife of an incredible man and the mother of 2 boys turning into incredible men
2. I use humor to deflect emotionally charged situations. Even if humor is not always the appropriate response. It is my defense mechanism
3. I love to write, plan, organize, administrate, dictate, and take charge. I love to work.
4. Lazy is not a word that would ever describe me. I can’t stand doing nothing. I love to be mentally, physically, and emotionally stimulated. Sensory overload is my norm.
5. I love to tell people my pregnancy and labor/delivery stories. I have no idea why, as this typically isn’t appropriate conversation. The whole process was so amazing and fascinating though that I love to share. I also like to prepare my friends for the realities that no one told you about.
6. The thing with labor and delivery that I’m most proud of is that I had my 2nd son with no pain medications. Completely natural. What an amazing, awful, wonderful, and memorable experience.
7. I have my Masters Degree. My husband always rails on me for not sharing this with people. I guess I don’t feel like it makes me more special than anyone else, but it is a great accomplishment.
8. I love music. Playing the piano, singing, and running worship services at church bring me more fulfillment than almost any other activity in life. I love to be part of a band and praise team.
9. I have a thirst for knowledge. I love to read anything I can get my hands on.
10. I love talk radio. Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Dave Ramsey are my favorites.
11. I love to travel, explore, and experience.
12. I have been on numerous missions trips. Short term AIM to the Caribbean for 3 months, Youth on Mission to England, and AIM program in the Czech Republic for 9 months where I got to travel all over Europe and experience some of the best cites in the world.
13. I am proud to be an American and love the USA. Even with all of its problems and issues, no other country holds a candle to its freedoms, choices, and opportunities.
14. I love ice cream
15. I enjoy watching movies and television shows when I need a brainless diversion from life
16. I am addicted to celebrity gossip
17. I love Jesus with all of my heart.
18. I secretly desire to look like anyone other than myself. I have mega issues in this department, but love my body more now than I ever have before. If it has given me such a wonderful life, allowed me to experience the world, and produced the 2 most beautiful entities that have ever lived, I will no longer despise and criticize it.
19. I crave words of affirmation and compliments. I love it when people affirm me; however, I secretly never believe the positive words and never take them to heart.
20. I enjoy obsessively cleaning. I like everything to have its place. I am coming to terms with the impossibility of this with 2 small children, but I still strive for obsessive organization.
21. My first car was a 1985 Plymouth Reliant. It was a mustardy, gold color and everyone made fun of it. I miss that car and wish I still had it. It was owned by an old lady and it only had like 25,000 miles on it.
22. I hate debt, love to budget, and am a borderline tight wad at times. I do not feel it is God’s will for his people to be bound by debt and financial stress. He wants us to live in prosperity so we can give to others. I am by no means prosperous, but I have 0 credit card debt and try to buy everything on sale.
23. My dad died when I was 24. I found out I was pregnant with my first son on the day of his funeral. Bittersweet was the emotion of the day. I am re-thinking my stance on reincarnation though because Reese acts exactly like my dad.
24. All 4 of my grandparents were dead before I was 10. I never met my mom’s parents. Her dad died when she was 5 and her mom died before she ever got married.
25. I am very outgoing and a major people person. I regularly have full conversations with complete strangers and know their life story within 30 minutes of making their acquaintance. I think this is why God called me to psychology and ministry as my career choices.